Internal games I play
- Am I pursuing something which sparks curiosity?
- Am I learning at work, am I present, and do I have a good attitude?
- Am I living within my means and choosing a minimalist lifestyle that still supports my interests?
- Am I able to keep a clean and professional appearance?
External games I play (“should” programming)
- Do people know that I’m pursuing something which sparks curiosity? The Social Media Curse (Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Strava)
- Do I need to please people to get a higher Rank/Title in the Navy? What requirements must be satisfied so that I can earn medals/ribbons?
- Net Worth Race – How much is in my retirement accounts? What percentage of my net earnings am I able to save? When do I get paid – actually matters?
- What brand of clothes do I wear? What kind of haircut do I have? What car will I drive?
The internal games make me happy, but they’re more challenging to sustain. The external games make me stressed, but it’s what everyone else notices.